Our products can be used in many different ways, but we have a few favourites! Check out some of our home-tested creations and try them for yourself, we promise you'll love them just as much as we do. We highly encourage editing the instructions to fit your preferences and substituting any of our sausage flavours!
sausage & pepper salad
2 Sausages (Mild Italian is our fave!)
1/2 onion cut into pieces
1 red bell-pepper
1 clove garlic
8 pitted kalamata olives
exta virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
4 cups washed arugula leaves
Heat a large pan over medium heat, cook sausages low & slow; approx 12 mins. Remove from pan.
Add onion and pepper, cook until slightly browned. Reduce heat to medium.
Stir in garlic and oregano, add splash of balsamic vinegar and stir.
Slice sausage and add to pan, add olive oil.
Serve warm over arugula.
beer & sausage cheese dip
1 lb hot or mild sausage (our frozen tubes are perfect for this!)
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup beer (A local IPA is great but you can use whatever.)
2x 8oz low fat cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup diced green onion
chips , bread or vegetables for serve
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned and no longer pink. While cookig, break the sausage up into crumbles.
3. Place 2 cups cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder and beer in a food processor or blender. Mix until well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add cooked sausage and the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese. Mix until combined.
5. Place mixture into an oven safe dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, sprinkle with diced green onion & serve with chips, bread or vegetables.
Cavicchi's breakfast cups
Any loose Cavicchi's sausage meat
Your favourite vegetables for sauteing (Our favorites are avocado, peppers, onion, spinach and broccoli)
1/3 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup (or more) of your favourite shredded or crumbled cheese
1. Grease a standard 12-muffin tin.
2. Crumble your sausage meat into a pan and fry along with your chosen veggies until sausage is cooked through. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl until foamy, about 30 seconds. Add milk, baking powder, salt and pepper and beat to blend.
4. Spoon sausage and vegetable mixture evenly into muffin cups, and pour egg mixture evenly on top.
5. Sprinkle a little cheese over each cup and cook at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
*Once cooked, you can keep half in the fridge for the week, and put the rest in the freezer for the next week!
Traditional Tomato Dish
1 package (apx. 650g) of Cavicchis’ Meats Regular, Mild Italian or Hot sausage
2 cans of crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped or crushed
Spices (our favourite combination is 1sp each of sweet basil and thyme, plus 1 tsp of lemon juice or sugar)
1. Pan-cook sausages until no longer pink. Cool, slice, and set aside.
2. Combine tomatoes, paste, green pepper, onion, garlic and spices in a large pot over medium heat until heated through. Add sliced sausage, cook another few minutes until hot, and serve over pasta, rice or quinoa.
Spicy Sausage Soup
1lb (apx 1 pack) of loose Mild Italian Sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 bag of frozen spaghetti vegetable mix
1 20oz can of diced tomatoes
5 cups of chicken stock (low sodium)
1 cup of canned/cooked lentils
Your favourite spices (ours are: 1 tsp. ground cumin, ½ tsp. ground coriander, ½ tsp. paprika, ¼ tsp. chili powder, & pepper to taste)
Combine all ingredients and simmer over medium-low heat until heated through.
Sausage & Apple Stuffing
1 lb loose sausage (any flavour - Apple is a favorite for this one!)
3-4 tbsp melted butter, divided
1/2 cup chopped onion & 1/2 cup chopped celery
10 slices gluten free bread, cubed (substitute for any bread if desired)
1/2 tsp each of thyme, rosemary & sage
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped apple
1/2-3/4 cup gluten free chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Toss bread cubes with 3 tbsp melted butter. Spread out on large pan and bake in 400 degree oven until lightly toasted.
2. Melt remaining tbsp butter in skillet, cook & crumble sausage with the onion, celery and spices.
3. Add sausage mix to bread & add apple, cranberries and chicken stock to desired moisture… serve as is, or stuff your turkey, chicken or roast and cook as directed.